Rajasthan Youth Killed in West Asia Conflict; Body Reaches Sikar Village

Author Picture
Published On: Tue, Mar 17, 2026 at 05:02 PM

Jaipur: A 22-year-old youth from Rajasthan lost his life in the ongoing conflict in West Asia, with his mortal remains reaching his native village in Sikar district on Tuesday, officials said.

The deceased, Vikram Verma, was a resident of Agloi village in the Khandela area of Sikar. He was killed in a drone attack in Oman on March 14. His body was brought back to India after four days and taken to his village, where his last rites were conducted.

According to officials, the incident occurred amid heightened tensions involving Iran, the United States and Israel, with the conflict impacting multiple parts of the region. Sikar Additional District Magistrate Ratan Kumar confirmed that the youth from the district had died in the ongoing hostilities and that his body had reached his village.

As the mortal remains arrived, scenes of grief unfolded in Agloi village. Family members and residents gathered to pay their final respects. Vikram’s father and elder sister were inconsolable, while people from nearby areas also visited the family home to offer condolences.

Vikram had travelled to Oman on February 23 in search of employment. He was working as a labourer with a construction company involved in road projects. According to his family, he had moved abroad with the aim of supporting his household financially.

Shortly before the incident, Vikram had made a group video call to his family members, including his mother, maternal uncle, aunt and sister. During the conversation, he reassured them that he was doing well and receiving regular meals. However, he also mentioned concerns about the prevailing situation in the region.

His father, Banwari Lal, said the family first learned about the incident through a relative who was employed with the same company in Oman but stationed at a different location. The company later facilitated the return of Vikram’s body to India.

Vikram is survived by his parents and three sisters, one of whom is married. Family members said he was the sole earning member and had gone abroad in the hope of improving their financial condition.

The incident adds to a series of casualties involving Indian nationals during the ongoing conflict in West Asia. Earlier this month, on March 1, another youth from Rajasthan, Dalip from Nagaur district, was killed in a missile attack while working on a crude oil company’s ship. His family was informed of his death on March 4.

Authorities continue to monitor the situation as tensions persist across the region, affecting civilians and workers present in conflict-affected areas. The government has been coordinating efforts to ensure the safe return of Indian nationals impacted by the developments.

Growing India stands as a major voice across the nation, committed to providing comprehensive and impactful journalism. Registered with the Press Registrar General of India. We serve six states with nine editions, published from: Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Chandigarh, and Bhopal.

Leave a Comment

Home
For You
Shorts
Web Stories
E-Paper