Jaipur: A bomb threat received through email triggered panic at Swami Keshvanand Institute of Technology, Management and Gramothan (SKIT) in the Jagatpura area of Jaipur on Wednesday, prompting immediate evacuation of the campus.
According to officials, the college administration acted swiftly after receiving the threatening message and cleared the premises as a precautionary step. Students, faculty members and other staff were escorted out to ensure their safety.
Police personnel, along with teams from the fire brigade and the bomb disposal squad, reached the institute shortly after the alert was raised. A comprehensive search operation was launched across the campus, covering all academic buildings and other sensitive locations.
Authorities stated that the email warned of explosive devices allegedly placed within the college premises and mentioned a specific time for a possible blast. In response, security agencies intensified checks to rule out any danger.
Officials confirmed that, as of the latest update, no suspicious object had been found. However, the search operation continued to ensure that every part of the campus was examined thoroughly. Police said all necessary safety procedures were being followed.
The cyber cell of the police department has initiated efforts to trace the origin and location of the email. Investigators are working to identify the sender and determine whether the message was genuine or intended to create panic.
While authorities indicated that the threat could potentially be a hoax, they emphasized that the matter is being treated with seriousness. Officials noted that similar fake bomb threats have been reported at educational institutions in the past, but security protocols are being strictly observed in this instance.
Following the alert, students and staff gathered near the main gate of the institute after being evacuated. The administration coordinated with law enforcement to ensure an orderly and safe exit from the premises.
Police have appealed to the public to remain calm and refrain from spreading unverified information. Officials stated that the situation remains under control and that further updates will be provided after the search operation concludes.
Authorities also said that strict action would be taken against those responsible if the threat is ultimately confirmed to be false.
The incident comes a day after a similar bomb threat was reported at the Rajasthan High Court. On Tuesday, the High Court premises were evacuated after the administration received an email warning of an explosion at the court complex.
Security agencies immediately secured the High Court building and carried out precautionary measures. Lawyers, litigants and court staff were directed to vacate courtrooms during the security checks. The threat at the High Court was later determined to be a hoax.
Sources indicated that the Rajasthan High Court has received multiple bomb threat emails in recent months. All such cases are currently under investigation.
In the case of SKIT, authorities continue to monitor the situation closely while the search and verification process remains underway. Security personnel remain deployed at the campus as a precaution.











